Director of Software Engineering
About ACI Learning:
Join some of the world’s most passionate technical trainers, data-defenders, and cyber thought leaders.
We train the world’s experts in Audit, Cyber, and IT. The world’s most trusted organizations trust us to train their practitioners and leaders. We offer training experiences designed to help professionals protect data, anticipate risk, and defend business-critical systems. It’s all we do.
The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for leading the development and deployment of the ACI Learning LMS platform and other technology projects within ACI Learning. Due to multiple acquisitions, you will be uniting three engineering groups into one consolidated team. The new Director will have the opportunity to impact the structure of the team and their approach to the software development lifecycle.
As Director of Software Engineering, your role will be to oversee product engineering operations and ensure that processes and standards are implemented for scalable and rapid development. You will directly manage the Customer Experience and Software Engineering teams. You will also interface with internal and external stakeholders to deliver enterprise ready platforms and services.
You will plan, coordinate, and track the progress of engineering deliverables, goals, and commitments. The Director of Software Engineering is also responsible for cultivating an environment of professional education and growth among the team, identifying skill and/or resource gaps, and recruiting and onboarding when necessary.
- Manage a team of software engineers and UI/UX developers.
- Translate business requirements into actionable work packages for the Engineering team.
- Participate in the development of a software feature roadmap along with assigning and achieving milestones and their associated delivery dates.
- Develop scalable processes that result in the reliable delivery of project targets.
- Coordinate with contractors, vendors, and other resources to complete objectives.
- Liaison with the Platform Technology team to ensure consistent deployment and maintenance of all software products.
- Implement a secure software development lifecycle in compliance with ISO 27001.
- Represent ACI on client calls and meetings.
- Deliver presentations to company stakeholders.
- Manage resource capacity planning.
- Onboard and train new staff.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) 5-10%.
- 10+ years of experience in leading software development teams.
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget using both internal and contract resources.
- 3-4 years of proven experience working with, training, or facilitating programming with technical professionals.
- Advanced degree in management, engineering, or other developer focused major, or equivalent workplace experience.
- Meaningful experience leading through influence.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Skilled in holding people accountable, being held accountable, leading by example.
- A proven history of hiring, retaining, developing, motivating, and mentoring highly effective teams.
- Experience with AWS, Jira, Haskell, Microsoft C#, microservices, mobile app development, is preferred but not required.
Benefits of Working at ACI Learning:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – eligible 1st of the month after date of hire.
- Four weeks paid parental leave or medical leave.
- Flexible PTO policy, sick time, and eight paid Holidays.
- 401(k) retirement plan, 100% immediate vesting and up to 5% matching contributions.
- One free company class per year after 90 days of employment.
- Tuition assistance.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Remote - USA
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Yearly salary
- $175,000 - $200,000
- Employment type
Remote - USA
Culture and Values
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. We believe that training is not a transaction, but an ongoing essential of life-long learning and career growth. Our name may seem new, but we've been at it for over 40 years.
Authentic — We Keep It Real.
We are respectful and transparent in the way we treat everyone. We say what we mean and bring our unique personalities into everything we do.
Accountable — We Take Ownership
We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions. We learn from our mistakes and improve. We are reliable and follow through. We act like business owners.
Dedicated — We Put the Customer First
We provide above-and-beyond service and support to our clients. We continually strive to uphold and improve our reputation for excellence.
Innovative — We Challenge the Status Quo... and Ourselves
We pride ourselves in finding creative solutions to challenges. We trust our instincts and express our opinions openly.
About ACI Learning
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a transaction, but an ongoing essential of life-long learning and career growth. We help you choose which learning path suits you best, deliver personalized training in the way you want it, and help you find the right career opportunity. Our name may seem new, but we've been at it for over 40 years.
Director of Software Engineering
Loading application form
Already working at ACI Learning?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.