Instructional Designer - Remote
About ACI Learning:
Join some of the world’s most passionate technical trainers, data-defenders, and cyber thought leaders.
We train the world’s experts in Audit, Cyber, and IT. The world’s most trusted organizations trust us to train their practitioners and leaders. We offer training experiences designed to help professionals protect data, anticipate risk, and defend business-critical systems. It’s all we do.
The Instructional Design Specialist will have the opportunity to impact the development of design standards, processes, and style guidelines. As an Instructional Design Specialist your role is the oversee the successful delivery of digital training products to market. Your project lead responsibilities will be invaluable to ensuring the efficient and on-time delivery of our learning materials.
Reporting to the Director/Assistant Director of Learning Design, you will work closely with Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Product Technical Specialists. In collaboration with Quality Assurance Specialists and Technical Editors, you will plan, execute, and maintain products that align with skills and job roles in today’s modern workplace.
This role is ideal for an organized individual with excellent attention to detail to assist in developing and maintaining IT-, Cyber-, and Audit-focused courseware in our learning platforms. Your ability to manage project timelines, resources, and budgets while advocating a quality learning product for our students is key to the success of this role.
Compensation- $55,000 to $60,000 annually
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the planning, content creation, product build and delivery of ACI Learning products.
• Ideate and socialize concept(s) for new product titles.
• Create CDPs/Outlines, estimate and track project timelines.
• Proactively identify project risks and provide viable solutions to the Learning Design
Manager or Assistant Director.
• Collaborate with Learning Design, Product Tech, and Development crew members to
track project progress.
• Assist with roadmap and budget planning as needed.
• Support Director/Assistant Director in data gathering and/or reports to meet
• Coordinate and facilitate project kick-off, retrospective, and product training meetings as needed
Skills & Experience:
• Team player with a strong work ethic, who embraces our CREW values.
• Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
• Curiosity for learning new things.
• Can-do attitude.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and track deadlines.
• Ability to work on your own initiative.
• Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality control.
• Willingness to challenge when necessary.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Adept at time management and prioritizing tasks.
• Experience in end-to-end product development lifecycle.
• Experience integrating theory and practice to deliver high quality e-learning experiences.
• Technical writing or editing work experience, or education equivalent.
• Familiar with working on or alongside dispersed teams.
• IT literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft O365 suite.
Good to have:
• Experience with project management methodologies (i.e. PERT, Waterfall, Kanban)
• Knowledge and/or experience with online training products.
Benefits of Working at ACI Learning:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – eligible 1st of the month after date of hire.
- Four weeks paid parental leave or medical leave.
- Flexible PTO policy, sick time, and eight paid Holidays.
- 401(k) retirement plan, 100% immediate vesting and up to 5% matching contributions.
- One free company class per year after 90 days of employment.
- Tuition assistance
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Remote - USA
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Yearly salary
- $55,000 - $60,000
- Employment type
Remote - USA
Culture and Values
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. We believe that training is not a transaction, but an ongoing essential of life-long learning and career growth. Our name may seem new, but we've been at it for over 40 years.
Authentic — We Keep It Real.
We are respectful and transparent in the way we treat everyone. We say what we mean and bring our unique personalities into everything we do.
Accountable — We Take Ownership
We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions. We learn from our mistakes and improve. We are reliable and follow through. We act like business owners.
Dedicated — We Put the Customer First
We provide above-and-beyond service and support to our clients. We continually strive to uphold and improve our reputation for excellence.
Innovative — We Challenge the Status Quo... and Ourselves
We pride ourselves in finding creative solutions to challenges. We trust our instincts and express our opinions openly.
About ACI Learning
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a transaction, but an ongoing essential of life-long learning and career growth. We help you choose which learning path suits you best, deliver personalized training in the way you want it, and help you find the right career opportunity. Our name may seem new, but we've been at it for over 40 years.
Instructional Designer - Remote
Loading application form
Already working at ACI Learning?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.