Reports to: Career Services Manager
Shift: 1PM – 10PM
The Career Services Instructor (CSI) is responsible for delivering live, virtual instruction that prepares ACI Learning students to enter the IT job market or advance a career within. In this role, you will create a highly engaged learning environment that provides work readiness support, career coaching and instills confidence. Building rapport and developing professional relationships will be the keys to success. In addition to training skills, the CSI is knowledgeable in IT hiring trends, techniques, and evolving employer requirements. You are passionate about Career Development and highly vested in outcomes. Your success depends on our student’s preparedness to achieve meaningful employment in IT.
- Deliver live, virtual instruction executing the learning objectives and work readiness deliverables for each module with the course via a blend of lecture and in-class activities
- Create an engaging learning environment using virtual tools and techniques
- Make appropriate recommendations to continually improve the syllabus, curriculum, and course materials based on program need(s) and/or student feedback
- Support and coach students toward completion of the deliverable(s) for each module and capture completion in CRM
- Provide feedback and data on student progress toward potential employment opportunities
- Develop check-in mechanisms to ensure participants are grasping learning materials, including but not limited to facilitating virtual check-ins with assigned EDM, hosting office hours and responding to student questions and needs in a timely manner
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
- Liaison with collaborative partners (e.g. Career Services crew, Learning and Development, employers, accrediting bodies) to ensure curriculum and delivery meet the needs of our learners and industry
Successful results are measured in two key areas:
Work Readiness Deliverables 50%
Our ability to help our ACI Learning students navigate the job search process and secure meaningful employment within the expected timeframe is heavily dependent upon their completion of the deliverables for each module prior to the end of the Career Services course.
Meaningful Employment 50%
Build value around the entry level role and the relevant experience that comes with it. Sell the positions our employer partners have available to the students. It is this short window of experience that jump starts their career journey.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years recruiting/staffing/sales experience preferred
- Must represent values of the organization: Authentic, Accountable, Dedicated, Innovative, Passionate, ONE
- Must possess great public speaking and presentation skills
- Must understand the Tech jobs ecosystem and be able to describe it to large diverse audiences
- Must be skilled in helping others achieve meaningful employment
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, and able to produce strong outcomes independently
- Must be highly skilled with job search tools such as LinkedIn
- Social media skills are a plus
- Reliable transportation and a valid Driver’s license required
- Classroom management experience preferred
About ACI Learning:
At ACI Learning, we are creating a community of individuals empowered to pursue careers they love, by offering training and certification programs on the most relevant and in-demand Information Technology skills of the foreseeable future. Our mission is to empower career changes, military veterans, and IT Professionals with critical, job-ready skills, and assist them in securing thriving careers as entry level or advanced practitioners and managers. Our training programs span a wide range of IT disciplines that help everyone from the rookie looking to start their IT career all the way to the seasoned IT and Cyber Security Professional looking to advance their skills.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.